Parents often ask me what happens during our Teen Girls Therapy Groups that help teen girls to build self-esteem and develop healthy coping skills.
Here’s a sneak peek into some of the most important parts of our Teen Girl Group curriculum:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) concepts: how your positive thoughts create positive feelings
- Understanding how your brain works: what makes an emotion so strong and how to control it
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) concepts: radical acceptance, distress tolerance, mindfulness, wise mind
- Mindfulness exercises: calming your brain using breathing or even mindful listening
- Teen issues: body image, social media, friendships that turn bad
- Creating and maintaining healthy relationships
Yes, we do all of these wonderful things in our teen groups. But the thing that’s not so tangible, yet so powerful, is how we create trust and a sense of security for all of the girls. They can come and just be themselves, without feeling judged. And that is truly powerful. It boosts self-esteem and improves mood.
Here’s what girls say about our Teen Groups:
“I love coming to group. I always look forward to it. I know I can trust everyone here.” – 17 year old
“I can express myself, I don’t have to be scared to cry or let my thoughts out. I can openly talk and not be judged. What’s better than that??” – 16 year old
“I come because I get to be with other girls who I relate to … And there’s laughter every time.” – 14 year old
Please contact us for more information – we’re here to help!