Children & Teens: ADHD Solutions
Our goal is to help your child develop increased focus and emotional regulation without the use of medication. If your child is diagnosed with ADHD or you think your child exhibits ADHD-like symptoms, we recommend the following:
Our Effective Approach
1. Individual sessions will teach your child skills for decreasing symptoms, regulating emotions, and developing improved focus.
2. Family sessions will address your child’s specific needs in the context of your family. We believe it is essential to view your child as one part of the whole – your family. Parents will learn to manage and enhance their child’s environment to maximize success academically and socially.
3. Group sessions will give your child the opportunity to develop and practice positive social skills and healthy emotional skills. Our groups are designed to be fun and engaging so your child looks forward to coming back!
We use modern approaches to psychotherapy including Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Play Therapy, Mindfulness Strategies, and Structural Family Therapy.
“Confident Kids” Social & Emotional Skills Group:
Please contact us for more information or to enroll your child in our next Confident Kids Group.
Our Group Will Help Your Child:
• Increase self-esteem
• Develop social skills
• Improve friendships and communication
• Learn healthy ways of expressing feelings
Our Groups Address:
• Social Skills
• Positive Communication
• Creating & Maintaining Friendships
• Healthy Coping
• Building Self Esteem
• and more …
Well Being Therapy Center offers individual psychotherapy, couples counseling, teen therapy, children therapy, and group therapy sessions in a comfortable setting. We look forward to welcoming you into our practice, and helping you to achieve your optimal Well Being.
1 Seligman, Martin E. P. The Effectiveness of Psychotherapy. American Psychological Association, Vol. 50, No. 12, 965-974.