Online Teen Support Groups
Well Being Therapy Center now offers powerful support groups for teens that they can access anywhere, anytime.
Through our mobile site, teens join a safe, private, and supportive group led by a licensed therapist and made up of other teens who are experiencing the world in similar ways to them.
We are now enrolling for the January online Teen Girls Group. Only 10 slots will be available so please contact us here to let us know if you are interested. Enrollment will be on a first come, first serve basis. We’re looking forward to getting you started!
Private, Safe, and on their Phones
- Our online groups meet teens where they are… on their phones!
- Group members share their thoughts in text only, the preferred and private way for teens to express themselves.
- No set meeting time: Teens log on anytime they want, so scheduling conflicts are never an issue. They can log on while waiting for an activity to start, in the lunchroom, on the bus, or anytime they may be feeling left out or in need of a positive connection.
- Groups are led by a licensed therapist who approves all posts and comments.
- Teens will create a “screen name” and remain private from one another. Only the therapist will know their names. With this anonymity, everyone comes in with a fresh start and can truly be themselves.
- This is a placewhere teens can go on their phones to feel good about themselves!
Making Phones a Positive Place
- Our online support groups are an important alternative to:
- negative conversations and comments they face on social media (leads to peer pressure, lower self-esteem)
- watching meaningless, unproductive content on their phones (creates apathy and wastes time during one of the most critical and creative developmental periods of their lives)
- searching for potentially dangerous support on the many unmonitored forums on the web (exposes them to risk and unqualified influences, poor role models)
- In our online support groups, teens will work to develop healthy coping skills, build self-esteem, and reinforce positive thinking patterns.
- All activities are created by our founder, Lauren Muriello LPC, based on her years of experience facilitating psychotherapy support groups with teens.
- Our group culture, activities, and discussions are all centered around being inclusive, and supportive so that our teens can feel good about themselves, and translate the skills they learn into their lives!
- $25 per week = $100 per 4-week session; paid at time of enrollment
Please remember, we are enrolling only 10 slots for the online Teen Girls Group so contact us here to let us know if you are interested.
“Thanks Lauren! [My daughter] had very positive things to say about the online group. It is such a wonderful concept…she will continue to participate in the future. Once again, thank you for all you do with the girls. It matters!!” – Mother of Teen Girl enrolled in first online group